Resources & Health Information
Poisoning - ASCPA - National Poison Control Center - http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control Call (888) 426-4435
Poison Emergency Hotline
We are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.
This is a very comprehensive list (36 pages) but it entails all plants. Download the PDF; Plants Toxic to Dogs, ASCPA Animal Poison Control Center
Back Related Information
- Dodgers List - This is a great source of information for dogs with back problems.
- Canine Intervertebral Disk Disease
- Purdue Center For Paralysis Research
- Eddie's Wheels
- Dachshund Back Related Web Site Page
- Preventative Disk Fenestration Article
- http://www.lbah.com/word/disk-disease-ivd/ - a good site for the phases of disk disease
- http://www.abledogs.net - A website where owners of paralyzed dogs can join an email list to et support and suggestions from those with dogs with back issues.
- For handicapped pets, their families and friends
- Li'l Backbracer - Adjustable brace for comfortable, stabile support when dealing with intervertebral Disk Disease(IVDD) and other dog back pain.
Natural Health Related Information
- Natural Rearing - Marina Zacharias has been working with natural remedies for years and proven they work
- AnimalEO - Essential Oils have been used for thousands of years to heal and promote health natually. Dr. Shelton is a veterinarian who has found the natural way to help our pets with essential oils. Learn how oils are used in place of chemicals for your pets wellness and continuous health in a safer way.
- Alternative Veterinary Medicine Center - Homeopathy - Acupuncture - Herbal Medicine - Holistic Health - Natural Vet
- DVM360 - A repository of articles written by veterinarians
- Need financial help? This link lists national resources as well as resources by state. Worth a look.
- Reachout Rescue & Resources - Organizations that may help with finances
- Financial Assistance for pets - Bestfriends.org
- Humane Society of the US - assistance listed by state
- Financial Assitance for veterinary care - speakingforspot.com
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Angels 4 Animals - Services range from financial aid to complete treatment to pets and pet owners in need
- Care Credit - A credit card company for health care, including veterinary care.
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance (FVEAP)
- Help a Pet - Serving the elderly, disabled and working poor.
- The Pet Fund - Provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need urgent veterinary care.
- Lifeline - Helping those who help rescue animals, seniors and low income families in need of assistance for their pets
- Pet Lovers Online - British resource for helping owners who cannot afford veterinary costs
Behavior Problems and Training
- Can we help you keep your pet - A resource site that goes into a lot of detail on behavior issues
- 20 Dog Training books recommended by Your Dog Advisor (a blog of various articles, ideas and projects) - Book reviews that address a number of different types of behavior from puppy rearing, understanding your dog, separation anxiety and more.
Children and Pets
- ASPCA article on how to introduce a dog to a new baby
- Victoria Stillwell's article on children and dogs
- Puppy Mill Rescue - Learn about puppymills
- Low cost spay/neuter locations - This is a datase kept by the ASPCA. Put in your zip code and miles and the low cost options come up.
- SPAY USA - Over 1500 participating clinics to help with altering your pet
- Friends of Animals - Another site that has a database of clinics that offer low cost spay/neuter certificates
- How to Keep Your Pets Safe While Traveling - (Presented on https://www.carcovers.com/)
Wings of Rescue - Founded in 2009, Wings of Rescue has a squadron of volunteer pilots flying the rescue missions using their own planes as well as a fleet of chartered cargo planes.